International Student Admission

Carroll is pleased to welcome international students. Carroll offers a welcoming community and provides a variety of services for international students during their tenure at the College. International students who wish to attend Carroll College as degree or non-degree students will follow these guidelines:

  1. Apply online at or complete the Common Application.
  2. All applicants must submit certified copies of all transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and degrees received, as well as certified copies of all subjects for which the applicant was enrolled or is presently enrolled. If records are not in English, the applicant must submit an official certified translation. All credentials must bear the official school seal and signature and be sent directly to the Office of International Admission no later than the deadlines outlined in the Admissions Deadlines and Notifications section of this catalog. Transcripts marked “issued to student” are unacceptable.
  3. Regardless of citizenship, applicants whose first language is not English are required to submit proof of English language proficiency. Carroll College accepts official results for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam, the EIKEN or the IELTS exam.

    TOEFL: The minimum score accepted is 550 (paper) 213 computer and 80 (iBT) with a 20 in each band. The Carroll College school code is 4041. Information concerning the TOEFL may be obtained from: or from the nearest U.S. Consulate.

    EIKEN: A grade of pre-1 or higher is required.

    IELTS: A score of 6.5 or higher is required. (IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia, and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations).

  4. All applicants requiring an F1 or J1 visa must submit Carroll’s certified financial statement demonstrating who will accept responsibility for the student’s financial obligations. This statement must certify that the applicant will have funds available to meet all costs required to attend Carroll College each year the applicant is in the United States. This form can be obtained on the international admission website or by contacting the Office of International Admission at
  5. All international students are required to show proof of medical insurance before attending classes. The Office of International Admission can assist international students and provide recommendations regarding the requirement. All J1 students must secure insurance that meets the US Department of State insurance requirements.
  6. Applicants using the paper application must submit an application fee of $35 (non-refundable).