Transfer of Credit

The following criteria will be used to determine whether or not a course from another college will be accepted for transfer credit at Carroll:

  1. The course in question must be from a regionally accredited college or university.
  2. The student must have received a “C-” or better in the course; the only credits transferred for courses taken on a pass/fail basis will be those with a grade of “P” (pass).
  3. A maximum of 62 lower-level credits (100-200 level) towards the academic program may be transferred into Carroll College.
  4. At least one-half of the credits required in the major and minor, must be taken at Carroll College.
  5. Of the final 45 semester credits earned toward the degree, a minimum of 30 semester credits must be earned at Carroll College. See requirements for graduation as described in this catalog.
  6. Two semesters or the equivalent in physical education activity courses may be transferable.
  7. Courses taken on a pass/fail basis will not be accepted into the major or minor. No more than 2 such courses will be allowed toward graduation, whether they are taken at another institution or at Carroll. Beginning Fall 2017, courses taken on a pass/fail basis do not fulfill Core Curriculum requirements.
  8. Grades earned at other institutions are not calculated into the Carroll College grade point average.
  9. Any postsecondary coursework taken within 15 years of being admitted or readmitted to the campus will be included in the transfer analysis of core requirements, specific required classes in a major, minor or certificate and elective credits.
  10. Coursework that falls outside the 15 year guarantee period may be included in the evaluation, at the discretion of the Registrar and appropriate department chair.
  11. Graduate level coursework will not transfer.
  12. Students are responsible for sending an original translated copy of their foreign transcripts directly to the Registrar’s Office.