Graduate Level Financial Aid

Financial aid administered by the financial aid office is designed to assist students in paying for their expenses associated with earning a graduate degree. Financial aid is available to assist in paying for tuition, fees, books, supplies, and the student’s living expenses while enrolled. Students may qualify for Federal Work-Study, and loans only. Graduate students are not eligible for any Carroll College gift aid or tuition benefits.

A graduate program student may be eligible for graduate level, Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan limits based on their annual FAFSA results and aggregate loan limits ($20,500 annual limit). First time Stafford Loan borrowers must complete a Federal Direct Stafford Loan, Master Promissory Note (MPN). Graduate students may also be eligible for a Federal Graduate PLUS Loan which is a loan available to graduate students who need extra funding after receiving the annual maximum in Stafford Loans. These are credit based loans. Each year a graduate student may apply for a Graduate PLUS Loan using the online application form at First time Graduate PLUS borrowers must also sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN). Federal Work-Study may be available for those that qualify. For information regarding aid at Carroll, view our Federal Loan Financial Aid webpage. (Pending Graduate Program aid approval from the Department of Education, expected September 2018).

Please see the full Carroll College Catalog for the financial aid, student rights and responsibilities and policies specific to federal aid, including Satisfactory Academic Progress and the Return of Title IV Funds.